Trinity Episcopal Church

Trinity Episcopal Church, 1900 Dauphin St., is Mobile’s second Episcopal Church. The congregation was established in 1845.

Construction started in 1853 and was completed in 1857. The church was originally located at the corner of St. Anthony and Jackson streets. It was designed by architects Frank Willis and Henry Dudley of New York

Clarence L. Hutchisson was commissioned in 1945 to remove and rebuild the entire church at its present location on Dauphin Street. According to Gould, the brick-by-brick re-built church retained the original English Gothic Revival style with an added basement. The original spire was destroyed by Hurricane Frederic and replaced with a synthetic material.

External Links