Mobile Medical Museum

The Mobile Medical Museum is located in the Vincent-Doan House 1664 Springhill.
The collection of artifacts and documents began in 1962 with a gift donated by Patricia Heustis Paterson as a memorial to her father, James F. Heustis, M.D. (1828-1891), a native Mobilian. Samuel Eichold, II, M.D. encouraged Mrs. Paterson to designate that her gift be used to start a museum in her father's name. There were approximately 100 artifacts and documents in the initial collection.

In 1983, the museum collection was moved to the lobby of USA's Mastin building, adjacent to the University South Alabama Medical Center. In 1990, the museum collection moved to the Lafayette Lobby of the USA Springhill facility.
In 2003, USA agreed to renovate the historic Vincent/Doan house for the museum.

External Links