Leinkauf Historic District

The Leinkauf Historic District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on 24 June 1987. It is roughly bounded by Government, Eslava, Lamar, and Monterey Streets. The district covers 1,100 acres and contains 303 buildings. The buildings range in age from the 1820s to early 20th century.

The Leinkauf neighborhood, and Leinkauf Elementary School which opened in 1903, are named in honor of William H. Leinkauf.